This online calculator is designed to calculate the slope and deflection of a cantilever beam for concentrated load at any point.
Slope at free end = Pa2 / 2EI
Deflection at any section = Px2(3a-x) / 6EI(for x less than a)
Deflection at any section = Pa2(3x-a) / 6EI(for a less than x)
- P – the externally applied load,
- E – the elastic modulus,
- I – the area moment of inertia,
- L – the length of the beam and
- x – the position of the load
- a – the distance of the load from one end of the support
Note. This statistical calculator of a cantilever beam with load at any point is provided for your personal use and should be used as a guide only. Construction and other decisions should NOT be based on the results of this calculator. Although this calculator has been tested, we cannot guarantee the accuracy of its calculations or results.